Jumat, 22 April 2011

Tenses Part 1 (Present Tense)


PART I

(PRESENT TENSE)

Simple Present Tense
Tenses ini digunakan untuk :
  1. Menyatakan habitual action atau kegiatan yang terjadi berulang
      examples :
-          I always help my mother in the morning
-          She eats three times a day
  1. Menyatakan suatu general truth
      examples :
-          The sun sets in the west
-          The moon and the earth revolve around the sun
  1. Membicarakan tentang hal-hal yang akan datang (dalam hal ini merupakan kegiatan yang terencana atau berseri)
      examples :
-          What time does the class finish ?
-          The bus arrives at 9 am
  1. Stative verbs (merupakan kata kerja yang menunjukkan waktu sekarang dan tidak boleh dibentuk dalam continuous).
      kata-kata yang termasuk stative verbs
-          know , under , have , believe , hate , need , hear , love , appear , see , like , seem , smell , want , taste , wish , sound , own
examples :
-          I need the book now.
-          I want to go now.
Pola
S + V1 + O

Present Continuous Tense
Tenses ini digunakan untuk :
  1. Kegiatan yang sedang berlangsung sekarang (now) atau sekitar waktu pembicaraan.
      Examples :
-          Dian is watching TV now.
-          Listen! A mysterious creature is coming.
  1. Untuk meyatakan kegiatan yang akan segera terjadi.
Examples :
-          We are going to the cinema at eight o’clock tonight.
-          We are flying to Bangkok next week.
Pola
S + is / am / are + V.ing + O

Present Perfect Tense
Tenses ini digunakan untuk :
1.      An action that happened at an indefinite time in the past.
example : Rita has signed the letter.
2.      Am action that happened more than once in the past.
example : Doni has gone to Bali three times.
3.      An action that began in the past and is still occurring in the present.
      example : I have lived in the same town for seventeen years. (I still live there).

Pola
S + have / has + V3 + O

Present Perfect Continuous Tense
Tenses ini digunakan untuk :
1.      Untuk menyatakan suatu kegiatan yang dimulai pada waktu lampau dan sekarang masih berlangsung dan ada kemungkinan masih akan terus berlangsung.
example :
-          My father has been working here since I was born.
Pola
S + have / has + been + V.ing

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar